The City of Bellevue's Parks Department has closed the Haworth Park RV Park to the public and has asked all occupants to be out of the park by 6:00pm this evening. As of 26 Jun 2018 at 1:15PM the Missouri River at Omaha is registering at 26.3 ft. The flood stage is 29 ft and we are currently in the yellow section of the graph where action is required. Current forecasts have the river rising up to four more feet and City Officials are monitoring the situation and the forecast with the asistance of the Papio/Missouri River NRD.
City crews have been working this afternoon to take the following measures at Haworth Park in advance of the rising river water:
- All items that are light and moveable have been rmoved from the campground. (This includes trashcans, dumpsters, picnic tables, etc.)
- Access to the campground areas of the park have been blocked. (Access will remain open for the baseball/softball fields at Haworth Park becuase they are levee protected)
- Assist with the Evacuation of the RV's that remain in the park
- Continue to pump water out of the "C" Loop area
- Access to the Kramer Trail Head on the north side of American Heroes Park has been blocked.
- Public restrooms have been locked up
The Bellevue Park's Department has reported that the river has risen tremendously in the last few hours and water is about ready to go over the road and into the campground near the area where Riverfest is held. Please stay tuned for further updates.