Due to ongoing health safety concerns regarding COVID-19, the Bellevue Public Library will extend its closure to the public until further notice. The situation will continue to be evaluated for changes in relation to Directed Health Measures and state guidelines.
The library is pleased to announce that starting Friday, May 15, a pickup service by appointment will be offered from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday. Once an appointment has been made, requested items will be bagged and labeled by last name and placed on a table for pickup in the front entryway of the library.
Persons will be limited to 10 items for checkout per card with a total of 50 items per household per appointment. There will also be a limit of one pickup appointment per household per week.
Starting May 15, patrons will also be able to place a total of 10 holds per card.
Bellevue Library staff will try to honor same-day requests, but due to time constraints, this may not always be possible.
Other guidelines for the pickup service include:
- Patrons will have a 20-minute appointment in which to pick up their items from the front entryway of the library.
- If a patron is late or needs to cancel their appointment, please call the library (402-293-3157).
- If a patron misses their appointment, library staff will attempt to call them to reschedule. If the patron cannot be reached by the end of the pickup service hours, items will be re-shelved.
- No tabletop games, cake pans, leisure passes, or crafting stamps will be checked out at this time.
- Social distancing should be observed with a 6-foot minimum.
- For health safety reasons, wearing a face mask when out in public is recommended.
- Staff will NOT enter the entryway while patrons are present, due to health concerns.
- Requests can be made by phone (call 402-293-3157), by using the email@example.com email, or through the library’s Enterprise catalog request system.
The library reminds patrons that ONLY the outside book drop must be used for returns to aid with the materials disinfectant process.
Also, the library is NOT accepting donations at this time.
The library will continue to keep the public updated through this evolving situation and appreciates everyone’s patience and understanding. For further information, please contact the library at 402-293-3157.